Sciencenter Spooky Science
Free Halloween Community Event
Friday, October 25, 6 - 8:30 pm*
Bring your costumed kids down to the Sciencenter to celebrate Halloween with a science twist! Explore tricked-out exhibits, a variety of spooky activities, and experience a full line-up of special presentations and eerie demonstrations.
*PLEASE NOTE: The Sciencenter will close early at 4 pm. Doors open at 6 pm for Spooky Science.Additional parking will be available at Neighborhood Pride Market, located one block from the Sciencenter.
Ongoing Activities: 6:00 - 8:15 pm
- Bleeding Paper: Use chemistry to make golden paper "bleed" red.
- Dem Bones: Connect the bones to make your own shaking skeleton puppet.
- Invisible "Candy": Make special "candies" disappear (without eating them) and discover how scientists are developing real-life invisibility cloaks!
- Shrieking Cups: Create a noise maker with common objects - it's a scream!
- Spooky Messages: Write secret messages that can only be seen under black lights and investigate what other everyday materials glow.
- Squishy Glow Worms: Make your own squishy glow worms by using only two liquids.
- Tricky Sticks: Fool your eyes with a trick-or-treat illusion.
- Spooky Time! at the Spooky Corner: Special programming for our younger audience (4 and under).
Leaping Lizards! Slithering Snakes!: Ongoing 6:30 - 8:15 pm
Meet a variety of snakes, lizards, and other creeping creatures of the night (and day) with the Cornell Herpetology Club.
Chemistry Tricks & Treats: 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 pm
Are you prepared for weird science? The Ithaca College Chemistry Club will share tricks and treats of chemistry.
Plasma Globe: Ongoing 6:30 - 8:15 pm
Frightful Finale - 8:25 pm
Join us for a chilling end to Spooky Science! Weather permitting
Spooky Science is made possible with the generous support of: