Celebrate Your Birthday With the Sciencenter!
The Birthday Party
- $175 for members
- $200 for non-members
Pricing is for up to 10 kids, including the birthday child ($9 per additional child, up to a maximum of 15 children total). The maximum attendance for a party, including adults, is 30 people.
A $50 deposit is required at the time of booking.
Sciencenter Birthday Parties include:
- 1.5 hour use of a private, decorated room with a Sciencenter staff host
- Museum admission for the day for birthday invitees and adult chaperones
- A 20-minute science activity presented by a Sciencenter staff host. Each activity is a cool, hands-on science experience each child participates in. The activity is customized to fit the age, ability and interest of each age group.
- A party favor bag for each child, which includes a mini-science kit
- 15 Sciencenter birthday invitations
- A balloon for each child and a bunch of 5 balloons for the birthday child
- Compostable cups, napkins, plates and utensils
- A t-shirt and crown for the birthday child
- Optional birthday party registry at Sciencenter Take-Out, the Museum Store
Note - the maximum of children, including the birthday child, is 15. The maximum attendance for a birthday party, including adults, is 30 people.
Choose from one of the following activity options
- Preschool Story Time (ages 2 through 4)
Hear a story and make a fun science craft based on one of several themes, including Animals, Nature, Dinosaurs, and Outer Space.
- Frogs and Toads (ages 3 and up)
Learn about the frogs and toads living at the Sciencenter, explore the differences between these common amphibians, and play a bug catching game.
- Snakes are Cool! (ages 3 and up)
Learn about the various snakes that live at the Sciencenter and the unique qualities of reptiles, and make a snake to take home.
- Science of Sound (ages 4 and up)
Learn about the science of sound through demonstrations and create one of a variety of noisemakers.
- Ice Cream Science (ages 5 and up)
Do you like strawberry, vanilla or chocolate? Create and flavor your own handmade ice cream. Science has never tasted this good!
- Polymer Party (ages 5 and up)
Learn about the building blocks of our world and make your very own polymer craft to take home.
- Choose from one of two activities:
- Gooey Putty – Get messy while synthesizing your own stretchy, gooey putty
- Shrinking Plastic – Design and watch your thermoplastic creations shrink, warp and flatten before your very eyes.
- Rocket Launch (ages 6 and up)
Launch a rocket and learn about chemical reactions, pressure, and Newton's Laws of Motion.
- Paper Airplanes (ages 6 and up)
Master the aerodynamic forces at work while you fold, fly and modify your own paper airplane.