Membership Access Program (MAP)
Through the Sciencenter's Membership Access Program (MAP), regular Sciencenter family memberships are available—free of charge—to families with children who qualify for free or reduced-cost lunch at school, and who reside in Tompkins, Cortland, Cayuga, Seneca, Schuyler, Chemung, and Tioga counties.
Free one-year Sciencenter Family-level memberships are available to families that meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Children qualify for free or reduced-priced lunch at school.* A photocopy of the school's free/reduced price lunch confirmation letter must be provided with the MAP application.
- Family resides in Tompkins County or in one of these bordering counties: Cortland, Cayuga, Seneca, Schuyler, Chemung, Tioga.
How to Apply
Download and print the Membership Access Program Application. Follow the instructions on the application.
*If your children are not yet in school, or are home-schooled, please contact us for an application.
How It Works
- All application materials must be mailed to the Sciencenter for processing. NOTE: We regret that we can not process membership applications at the museum's front desk.
- Membership applications take up to two weeks for processing. Your membership and free admission are active once you receive your membership cards.
- You must show your Sciencenter membership card and photo ID upon arrival to receive free admission.
- Family-level memberships apply to parents and their children residing in the same household.
- An adult cardholder must accompany children under the age of 12.
Family Membership Benefits
All Sciencenter members receive these benefits:
- Free Sciencenter admission for one year
- Free admission to more than 325+ other science museums worldwide
(Please check this list of participating science museums before you visit.)
- Invitations to members-only events
- Discounts on programs, mini-golf passes and birthday parties
- 10% off purchases at the Sciencenter Store
- Free enrollment for children in the Birthday Club and a free birthday gift
- Free subscription to quarterly publication, SciencenterSpectrum
- Free monthly eNews and Events Calendar
Questions about eligibility or program guidelines? Please contact Agata Okulicz-Kozaryn, Advancement Coordinator, at 607.272.0600 ext. 18.